Welcome To The Lake District
- A lakeside pier on Coniston Water in the English Lake District.
- The Newlands Valley in the English Lake District. Dale Head is the mountain in the distance.
- Shot of Grasmere in the English Lake District as the autumn colors start to come through.
- Looking towards the bridge over Stockghyll in Autumn in the English Lake District.
- A man and woman speeding past on a dirt track with a green valley behind.
- Young woman trying her hand at climbing up one of the rugged mountains.
- View towards the head of the Wasdale valley in the English Lake District.
What to see and do...
- Event Highlights
Lake District Guides...
Area And Travel
Lake District has something for everyone. It boasts incredible coastal areas mixed in with beautiful Georgian villages and towns.Read >>
Food & Drink
The Lake District is renowned for the wide range of locally brewed beers and ales, with the art of brewing in Cumbria dating back hundreds of years.Read >>
A roundup of Cumbria's weather patterns and what you can expect to do during the various seasons.Read >>
Towns And Villages
A wide selection of the Towns and Villages within the Lake District, with a small amount of information on what is available.Read >>