Hayeswater from Hartsop is a beautiful walking route (2 hours with young children) located in the Lake District National Park, England.
The walk takes you along the stunning Hayeswater and features breathtaking views of the surrounding hills.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the family-friendly walk from Hartsop to Hayeswater in the Lake District:
- Preparation: Before starting your walk, ensure you have the right equipment, including comfortable and sturdy shoes, waterproof clothing, a hat and sunglasses, and a map and compass. Also, check the weather forecast and let someone know your plans.
- Travel to the Start Point: The starting point for the walk from Hartsop to Hayeswater is the car park in Hartsop. You can reach this car park by car or bus.
- Start the Walk: From the car park, follow the signs for the path to Hayeswater. The first part of the walk takes you through fields and pastureland, with views of the surrounding hills and mountains.
- Reach Hayeswater: After approximately 1 hour of walking, you will reach Hayeswater, a beautiful lake surrounded by high hills.
- Take a Break: Hayeswater is a great place to stop and have a picnic, take in the views, or go swimming in the lake (if the weather is warm enough).
- Return to the Car Park: When you’re ready to head back, retrace your steps along the path to the car park.
- There are no public toilets along the way, so be sure to go before starting your walk.
- There is a small café located in Hartsop which sells refreshments.
- Parking is available at the car park in Hartsop.
- There is a charge for using the car park, so be sure to bring some coins with you.
Suitable For: This walk is ideal for families with children of all ages, as it is relatively easy with well-maintained paths.
Time: Allow approximately 2 hours for the walk, including breaks.
Terrain: The path from Hartsop to Hayeswater is well-maintained, with some gentle inclines and declines.
Distance: The total distance of the walk is approximately 8 km (5 miles) each way.
Note: This walk is a great way to explore the Lake District’s beauty and take in the stunning scenery of Hayeswater and the surrounding hills. Enjoy the journey!
Here are some tips to make the most out of your Hayeswater from Hartsop walk:
- Dress appropriately: The weather in the Lake District can be unpredictable, so be sure to bring warm layers, waterproof clothing, and sturdy shoes.
- Start early: This walk can get busy, so starting early will ensure you have plenty of space to enjoy the walk and take in the sights.
- Take breaks: There’s no need to rush the walk, so take your time and enjoy the scenery. There are plenty of picnic spots along the way where you can sit, rest, and recharge.
- Stay on the path: The path is well-marked, but it’s important to stay on the trail to protect the natural surroundings and ensure the safety of everyone on the walk.
- Explore the Hayeswater: Hayeswater is a stunning lake surrounded by rolling hills, and it’s a highlight of the walk. Take a moment to stop and enjoy the view, and perhaps even have a picnic by the water’s edge.
- Learn about the history: The Lake District has a rich history, and there are plenty of signs and information boards along the way that tell the story of the area and its past.
- Take photos: Don’t forget to snap some pictures to remember your walk. There are plenty of photo opportunities along the way, so have your camera ready.
We hope this guide helps you make the most of your Hayeswater from Hartsop walk.
Enjoy your adventure and have fun exploring this beautiful part of the Lake District!
Disclaimer: Please note that every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided at the time of writing.However, it is essential to verify the information carefully before making any decisions based on the contents of this article.