Dodd Wood and Fell is a stunning walking route (3-4 hours) in Lake District National Park, England.
The walk takes you through the beautiful Dodd Wood and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
The Dodd Wood and Fell walk is suitable for older children, all-terrain pushchairs with two adults, and babies and toddlers in carriers.
When choosing a walk, it is essential to keep in mind your group’s fitness level and capability, as well as the terrain and weather conditions.
Be sure to bring appropriate footwear, clothing, and supplies for the walk, and always be prepared for emergencies.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the family-friendly walk from Dodd Wood to the Fell in the Lake District:
- Preparation: Before starting your walk, ensure you have the right equipment, including comfortable and sturdy shoes, waterproof clothing, a hat and sunglasses, and a map and compass. Also, check the weather forecast and let someone know your plans.
- Travel to the Start Point: The starting point for the walk from Dodd Wood to the Fell is the car park at Dodd Wood. You can reach this car park by car or bus.
- Start the Walk: From the car park, follow the signs for the path to the Fell. The first part of the walk takes you through Dodd Wood, a beautiful area of ancient woodland with various wildlife.
- Reach the Fell: After approximately 30 minutes of walking, you will reach the Fell. This is a stunning area of high ground with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Take a Break: The Fell is a great place to stop and have a picnic, take in the views, relax, and enjoy the scenery.
- Return to the Car Park: When you’re ready to head back, retrace your steps along the path to the car park.
- Public toilets are located in the car park, but no baby-changing facilities exist.
- There is a small café located near the car park, which sells refreshments.
- Parking is available at the car park at Dodd Wood.
- There is a charge for using the car park, so be sure to bring some coins with you.
- The car park is at OS Grid Ref NY 240 275, and its postcode for satnav is CA12 4QE.
Suitable For: This walk is ideal for families with children of all ages, as it is relatively easy with well-maintained paths.
Time: Allow approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes for the walk, including breaks.
Terrain: The path from Dodd Wood to the Fell is well-maintained with some gentle inclines.
Distance: The total distance of the walk is approximately 3 km (2 miles) each way.
Note: This walk is a great way to explore the beauty of the Lake District and take in the stunning scenery of Dodd Wood and the Fell. Enjoy the journey!
Additionally, the Old Sawmill Tea Room is nearby and offers a selection of drinks, snacks, and light meals for walkers.
These facilities make your Dodd Wood and Fell walk a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Remember to bring any essentials, such as water, sunscreen, and a first-aid kit, and to check the weather forecast and trail conditions before starting your walk.
Please be aware that coins are needed to use the pay machines.
It is essential to arrive at the car park with enough time to find a parking spot and purchase your parking ticket before starting your walk.
We hope this guide helps you make the most of your Dodd Wood and Fell walk.
Enjoy your adventure and enjoy exploring this beautiful Lake District part!
Disclaimer: Please note that every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided at the time of writing.However, it is essential to verify the information carefully before making any decisions based on the contents of this article.