Welcome to Tarn Hows Circuit!
Tarn Hows Circuit is a beautiful and popular walk in the Lake District, renowned for its stunning scenery and relatively easy terrain.
Here is a guide for a fun and family-friendly fell walk (1-2 hours with young children) in this beautiful area.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you make the most of your hike:
- Start at the Tarn Hows car park. The Tarn Hows car park is located at Grid Ref NY 382 051 and is well-signposted from the A593.
- Follow the well-defined footpath around Tarn Hows. The path is a circular route, and you can choose to go either clockwise or anticlockwise. You’ll follow a gentle uphill path and then a flat section with stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Enjoy the stunning scenery. Tarn Hows is a beautiful lake surrounded by rolling hills, and the circuit provides excellent views of the lake and its surroundings. Keep an eye out for the local wildlife, including red squirrels, deer, and bird species.
- Take a break at one of the picnic areas. Several picnic areas along the circuit provide an ideal spot to rest and take in the views.
- Continue the circuit. Continue following the footpath around Tarn Hows, enjoying the scenic views and peaceful atmosphere.
- Return to the car park. Once you’ve completed the circuit, return to the Tarn Hows car park to end your hike.
Parking: The Tarn Hows car park is a National Trust pay and display car park, and payment can be made by credit card. National Trust members can park for free with a valid parking pass.
Facilities: There are no facilities on the route, but the nearby towns of Coniston and Hawkshead offer a range of shops, cafes, and pubs where you can buy drinks, snacks, and meals.
We hope you have a wonderful time exploring Tarn Hows Circuit!
Disclaimer: Please note that every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided at the time of writing.However, it is essential to verify the information carefully before making any decisions based on the contents of this article.