Welcome to Keswick Lakeside Round!
The Keswick Lakeside Round is a beautiful walking route in the Lake District, England, that is suitable for families.
Here is a step-by-step guide for a family-friendly walk:
- Preparation: Before starting your walk, make sure you have the right equipment, including comfortable and sturdy shoes, waterproof clothing, a hat and sunglasses, and a map and compass.
Also, be sure to check the weather forecast and let someone know your plans.
- Travel to Keswick: Keswick is a small town located in the heart of the Lake District and is a great starting point for the Lakeside Round walk. You can reach Keswick by car, bus, or train.
- Start at the Keswick Launch: The Keswick Launch is a boat service that takes you across Derwentwater Lake to your starting point. You can buy tickets for the boat from the Keswick Launch office in the town center.
- Walk to Nichol End Marina: From the boat launch, follow the signs to Nichol End Marina, which is the first stop on the Keswick Lakeside Round. This part of the walk is relatively flat and offers stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
- Hike to Lodore Falls: The next stop on the route is Lodore Falls, which is a picturesque waterfall located a short distance from Nichol End Marina. The hike to Lodore Falls is steep in places, but well worth it for the stunning views.
- Walk to Calfclose Bay: From Lodore Falls, continue on the path to Calfclose Bay, which is a small, secluded bay on the shore of Derwentwater Lake. This is a great place to stop for a picnic or just to enjoy the scenery.
- Return to Keswick: Once you have reached Calfclose Bay, you can retrace your steps back to Nichol End Marina and take the boat back to Keswick.
Note: This is a shortened version of the Keswick Lakeside Round and is suitable for families with young children.
If you have older children or are feeling more adventurous, you can continue on to Friars Crag and Cat Bells for a longer walk.
- Public toilets with baby changing facilities are available in the Lakeside Car Park, located near the start of the walk, with a 40p charge.
- The Lakeside Café is located just off the car park, adjacent to the Theatre by the Lake and offers refreshments.
- The National Trust shop, also located in the car park, sells a limited selection of refreshments.
Parking is available at the Lakeside Car Park, near the start of the walk. Use the postcode CA12 5DG as your satnav postcode, or follow signs for Borrowdale and Lakeside Car Park when driving into Keswick.
Enjoy the journey and take in the stunning scenery!
Disclaimer: Please note that every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided at the time of writing.However, it is essential to verify the information carefully before making any decisions based on the contents of this article.