If hiking and mountain climbing aren’t your preferred activities for a trip to the Lake District, there’s no need to worry.
The area offers plenty of alternative options to make the most of its natural beauty, wildlife, and cultural heritage.
With an abundance of nature and countryside, as well as numerous lake activities, you’ll find many things to do.
To help you get started, here are ten suggestions for thing to do in the Lake District.
- Take a scenic drive through the Lake District.
- Visit local museums and art galleries, such as the Wordsworth Museum and the Keswick Museum.
- Go on a boat trip across Lake Windermere or Coniston Water.
- Visit historic houses and gardens, such as Hill Top, the former home of Beatrix Potter.
- Enjoy a scenic train ride on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway or the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.
- Go on a wildlife-watching tour to see red squirrels, otters, and birds of prey.
- Enjoy a spa day at a luxurious hotel like the Lodore Falls Hotel and Spa.
- Take a food and drink tour to sample local specialities, such as Cumberland sausage and Kendal Mint Cake.
- Attend a music or cultural festival like the Keswick Jazz and Blues Festival or the Kendal Mountain Festival.
- Explore local markets and shopping areas like the Keswick Market and Grasmere Village.
Disclaimer: Please note that every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided at the time of writing.However, it is essential to verify the information carefully before making any decisions based on the contents of this article.