Welcome to the enchanting Castlerigg Stone Circle, Tewet Tarn, and Low Rigg hike!
This fantastic family-friendly walk showcases some of the Lake District’s most beautiful and historic sites.
Here’s a guide to help you make the most of this walk.
Getting There: Castlerigg Stone Circle, Tewet Tarn, and Low Rigg are located in the Lake District National Park in England.
The closest major city is Manchester, which is around two hours away by car.
There is also a regular bus service from Keswick to Castlerigg.
The Walk: This hike is approximately 5 miles (8 kilometres) and takes around 3 hours to complete.
The route starts at Castlerigg Stone Circle, an ancient stone circle that dates back thousands of years.
The path then leads to Tewet Tarn, a peaceful mountain lake surrounded by lush vegetation.
The final destination is Low Rigg, a hill that offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
Difficulty: This hike is considered moderate, with some uphill sections and rocky paths.
This hike is suitable for children who are five years or older. Babies and toddlers may participate if carried in a carrier.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable shoes: This is important, as you’ll be walking for a few hours.
- Plenty of water: You’ll want to stay hydrated, especially on a warm day.
- Snacks: Pack a few healthy snacks to keep your energy levels up.
- Sunscreen: The sun can be intense, especially in the summer, so bring sunscreen to protect your skin.
- A hat: A hat can be helpful to keep the sun off your face.
- A rain jacket: The weather in the Lake District can be unpredictable, so it’s always a good idea to bring a rain jacket in case of rain.
- Please stay on the path: The path can be rough and rocky in places, so staying on the marked trail is essential to avoid getting lost or damaging the environment.
- Watch your footing: The path can be slippery in places, especially near streams, so take care when walking.
- Check the weather: Check the weather forecast before you set out, be prepared for a change in conditions.
Conclusion: The Castlerigg Stone Circle, Tewet Tarn, and Low Rigg hike is a beautiful way to experience the beauty and history of the Lake District with your family.
With its stunning views, peaceful lakes, and moderate difficulty, it’s sure to be a memorable experience for everyone involved. Happy hiking!
Disclaimer: Please note that every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided at the time of writing.However, it is essential to verify the information carefully before making any decisions based on the contents of this article.